Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning November 22, 2018
It’s looking a lot like winter in Ottawa, and there are lots of fun activities happening around Ottawa to enjoy the season! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning November 22, 2018:
- Let’s Get Lucky at the Casino du Lac-Leamy continues Thursdays into December with lots of fun ’70s gameshow themed activities, games, and disco music!
- Check out the brand new exhibition at the National Gallery of Canada, on now until March 2019: Paul Klee: The Berggruen Collection from The Metropolitan Museum of Art! This retrospective spans the artist’s entire career, and ends with a fun immersive place for families to play. Families will also enjoy Family Sundays – this weekend, enjoy a colour themed magic show and fun crafts!
- With snow comes ski season! You can now enjoy cross-country skiing in Gatineau Park, on the Sir John A. Macdonald Winter Trail, and in the Greenbelt (weather depending for all trails). Some cross-country ski trails are FREE! Check conditions online as downhill ski hills will be opening soon, weather permitting.
- Check out the great local band A Tribe Called Red as they rock the stage at the National Arts Centre on Thursday, November 22 along with special guests in an experimental multi-media format.
- Paw Patrol visits the Canadian Tire Centre this weekend with live shows from Thursday, November 22 to Sunday, November 25 with Paw Patrol: The Great Pirate Adventure!
- Cheer on the Ottawa 67’s as they take on the Sarnia Sting this Saturday, November 24 at the Arena at TD Place.
- Learn more about cannabis at the Ottawa Cannabis and Hemp Expo on Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November 25 at the Shaw Centre.
- On Sunday, November 26 cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they play in the 106th CFL Grey Cup! Lansdowne is the place to be to watch the game at the local bars and restaurants.
- Ottawa is in the holiday spirit! Enjoy lots of fun holiday activities and markets around Ottawa, including: the Holiyay Freewheeling Craft Market at Makerspace North, Kanata Art Club Christmas $100 and Under Sale, the Christmas Craft Market at Watson’s Mill, the Magic of Lights at Wesley Clover Parks, the Grand Market at Lansdowne, and more! (Some events are FREE, check websites for details and dates.)
Leave a Reply