Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning February 7, 2019
Winterlude continues this weekend with lots of fun wintry activities across Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning February 7, 2019:
- The 41st edition of Winterlude continues this weekend until Monday, February 18 (Family Day in Ontario)! Check out lots of fun programming across this year’s official sites: the Rideau Canal Skateway (check conditions online), Snowflake Kingdom (Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau), Crystal Garden (which changed location this year from Confederation Park to York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood), and Sparks Street (a new location this year)! Some of the fun Winterlude activities happening this weekend, include: ByWard Market 28th Annual Winterlude Stew Cook-Off, Winterlude Wanderlust Scavenger Hunt, the Super Slides, Guided ByWard Market Walking Tours, Canadian Ice Carvers’ Society Ice-Carving Tournament, and much more! Be sure to check out the #MyOttawa ice sculpture on Sparks Street between Elgin Street and Metcalfe Street for a photo-op. Most of the activities are FREE!
- This weekend is Ottawa’s very first WinterPride Festival! Check out the fun events this Thursday, February 7 until Sunday, February 10 on Sparks Street and throughout Ottawa. Major events include: Ice Cabaret featuring Mado, Come OUT and Play!, Saturday Night Divas, Let’s MARCH & make noise: Standing Proud, Standing OUT! and more. FREE!
- The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival takes over Dow’s Lake on Friday, February 8 and Saturday, February 9, with free concerts and dragon boat racing throughout the day. FREE!
- Get groovy at the Ottawa Winter Jazz Festival this Thursday, February 7 to Saturday, February 9 at La Nouvelle Scène Gilles Desjardins!
- Celebrate all things winter at Rideau Hall this Saturday, February 9 at the Winter Celebration with winter sports, tours, food samples, hot chocolate, and more. Admission is FREE!
- Get around between Winterlude official using the OLG SnoBus, offered during Winterlude on Saturdays between 10:00am and 8:00pm and Sundays between 10:00am and 5:00pm. FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they take on the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday, February 7; the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, February 9; and the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday, February 12 at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Visit Lansdowne for a bunch of fun activities this weekend, including a DJ Skate Night and Family Roller Skatingon Saturday, February 9 and the Chinese New Year Festival on Sunday, February 10!
- Get a taste of Vegas at the Casino Lac-Leamy with Vegas Nights, Thursdays to Saturdays with themed drinks, a money machine, games, and a $1 million grand prize!
- Ottawa’s music scene is highlighted this weekend at the Megaphono festival, happening across Ottawa from Thursday, February 7 to Saturday, February 9!
Leave a Reply