Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning February 14, 2019
Winterlude wraps up this long weekend with a long list of fun, winter programming across Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning February 14, 2019:
- The 41st edition of Winterlude continues this weekend until Monday, February 18 (Family Day in Ontario)! Check out lots of fun programming across this year’s official sites: the Rideau Canal Skateway (check conditions online), Snowflake Kingdom (Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau), Crystal Garden (which changed location this year from Confederation Park to York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood), and Sparks Street (a new location this year)! Some of the fun Winterlude activities happening this weekend, include: Snowmania in the Glebe, Escape Manor’s Winterlude Wanderlust Scavenger Hunt, the Super Slides, SubZero Electro DJ Nights, 41st Gatineau Loppet, 39th Accora Village Bed Race for Kiwanis, Canadian Ice Carvers’ Society Ice-Carving Championship, and much more! Be sure to check out the #MyOttawa ice sculpture on Sparks Street between Elgin Street and Metcalfe Street for a photo-op. Most of the activities are FREE!
- Check out the new world music festival developed by Ottawa Bluesfest, Come See and Hear the World this Friday, February 15 and Saturday, February 16 at venues around Ottawa! Some shows are FREE!
- Check out the National Arts Centre for family fun at the first-ever Big Bang Festival on Sunday, February 17 and Monday, February 18! Most activities are FREE!
- Get around between Winterlude official using the OLG SnoBus, offered during Winterlude on Saturdays between 10:00am and 8:00pm and Sundays between 10:00am and 5:00pm. On Monday, February 18, ride the SnoBus between 10:00am and 3:00pm between Dow’s Lake, the Rideau Canal Skateway, the ByWard Market, and Jacques Cartier Park. FREE!
- Spend your Valentine’s Day with a loved one enjoying a unique experience in Ottawa – check out some romantic, fun and unique ideas for an Ottawa Valentine’s Day!
- The National Gallery of Canada presents The Gift of Jazz on Thursday, February 14 in celebration of Black History Month.
- Take advantage of the winter weather in Gatineau Park and check out the fun event Snowshoe Under the Stars… guided walks and snowshoe rentals are offered Friday nights until March!
- It’s a busy weekend at Lansdowne with the Ottawa Winter Brewfest on Friday, February 15 and Saturday, February 16; a Free Public Skate on Friday, February 15; Ottawa 67’s games on Friday, February 15, Sunday, February 17 and Monday, February 18; a Winter Ottawa Farmers’ Market on Sunday, February 17; and more! Some events are FREE!
- Dance the night away as the Canadian War Museum hosts Ottawa SwingFest on Saturday, February 16 for a night of ‘40s-themed fun!
Leave a Reply