Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – October 6-9, 2017.
Enjoy lots of fun activities in Ottawa over the Thanksgiving long weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa October 6-9, 2017.
- This weekend is your last chance to check out the exhibition Hockey at the Canadian Museum of History – the exhibition ends on Monday, October 9.
- At the National Arts Centre, enjoy a variety of artistic offerings including installations, music, presentations, culinary activities, and much more at the Ideas of North Festival, from now through Saturday, October 14. Events are a mixture of paid and FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators at their first two games of the regular season at the Canadian Tire Centre! The Sens take on the Washington Capitals on Thursday, October 5 and the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday, October 7.
- Learn about Chinese culture through activities and celebrations at the Ottawa 2017 event Ottawa Welcomes the World: China at Lansdowne from Thursday, October 5 to Sunday, October 8. FREE!
- Country at the Casino du Lac-Leamy continues with country-themed activities including shows with sexy cowboys and cowgirls each weekend, FREE! The Zone opens with a new look on Thursday, October 5, offering a lively, interactive and social atmosphere with a wide variety of games!
- The Signature Ottawa 2017 event Mìwàte: Illumination of the Chaudière Falls opens this Friday, October 6! Head to Chaudière Falls, just behind the Canadian War Museum, for a nightly sound and light show projected onto the waterfalls, highlighting the Algonquin heritage of the region. The show runs nightly on a continuous loop until Sunday, November 5. FREE!
- Explore the fall colours with activities and special events in gardens across Ottawa as part of the Garden Fall Rhapsody, on from Saturday, October 7 to Monday, October 9. Most activities are FREE!
- Scare yourself at Proulx Farm’s sKreamers event running now through Tuesday, October 31… but be warned, the asylum, scary wagon ride, and other frightening activities are not appropriate for children under the age of 10!
- From Saturday, October 7 until Remembrance Day, 128 Canadian flags are flown across Ottawa to pay tribute to the Canadian Armed Forces and Veterans. Visit the Canada Aviation and Space Museum on Saturday, October 7 for the Flags of Remembrance opening ceremony. FREE!
Leave a Reply