Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! June 9th-11th 2017
This weekend in Ottawa, check out all the fun festivals and events happening throughout the city! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from June 9-11, 2017.
- It’s your last chance to check out the special exhibition Canada Canada by photographer Rip Hopkins, at the Ottawa Art Gallery Annex in Ottawa City Hall; it wraps up on Sunday, June 11.
- Kick off the Grey Cup champions’ season with the Ottawa REDBLACKS season opener against Hamilton this Thursday, June 8 at TD Place!
- The Ottawa Fringe Festival celebrates its 20th anniversary! From Thursday, June 8 until Sunday, June 18, the independent theatre festival celebrates original work from local, national, and international artists – along with lots of special events.
- Celebrate Italian culture now through Sunday, June 18 at Italian Week on Preston Street, which includes lots of food, drink, performances, dancing, and more!
- Learn about Ottawa’s connection with other cultures at Ottawa Welcomes the World: Croatia on Friday, June 9 and Ottawa Welcomes the World: Delegation of the European Union on Sunday, June 11. Both of these Ottawa 2017 events are taking place at Lansdowne.
- Visit Lansdowne to satisfy your sweet tooth at this year’s Dessertfest! From Friday, June 9 to Sunday, June 11, sample candies, chocolates, ice cream and more!
- Enjoy a weekend of beer, food, music and fun at a number of different beer festivals around Ottawa! From June 8-10 check out the Gatineau BeerFest at the Canadian Museum of History; Orléans Craft Beer Festival at P.D. Clark Place from June 9-11; Ottawa Brewery Market: Mozaik in Vanier on Saturday, June 10; and Ottawa Brewery Market: Homecoming at Hintonburg Park on Sunday, June 11!
- Head to Laurier House National Historic Site for Canada’s Homefront Kitchen Party on Saturday, June 10 for Second World War music, food, children’s activities and more! Don’t forget that entry to the site is FREE for 2017!
- Dance the night away at Latin Sparks: Island Edition on Saturday, June 10 with dance workshops, 2 floors of dancing, and more – all on Albert Island!
- On Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11 check out handmade art at the New Art Festival at Central Park in the Glebe neighbourhood.
- Bring your four-legged friend to the Ottawa Dog Festival, this weekend at the RA Centre from Saturday, June 10 to Sunday, June 11 to meet other dogs, take part in fun activities, see demonstrations, and more!
Leave a Reply