Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – June 16-18, 2017.
Check out all there is to do on this Father’s Day weekend in Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from June 16-18, 2017.
- Visit the National Gallery of Canada to check out their brand new, permanent, 45,000 square-foot re-imagined Canadian and Indigenous Galleries! From now until September 4, 2017, see Our Stories – Connect with Art in Canada, an interactive exhibition in conjunction with the opening of the new section.
- Sink your teeth into some juicy ribs at Ottawa Ribfest on Sparks Street, now until Sunday, June 18!
- At Major’s Hill Park today through Saturday, June 17, celebrate francophone culture in Canada at the Festival franco-ontarien!
- Now until July 23, Canada Scene takes over at the National Arts Centre! Enjoy performances by talented artists in all disciplines from across the country, celebrating culture in Canada!
- Visit Lansdowne on Friday, June 16 to learn more about Ireland’s rich cultural heritage and relationship with Canada at Ottawa Welcomes the World: Ireland! This Ottawa 2017 event includes food, music, dance, and more – free admission!
- This weekend on Bank Street downtown, take part in the annual and awesome GlowFair for 10 blocks of music, live music, and lots of special events like GlowYoga, a Silent Disco, a GlowForest and more – for free! Get your glow on this Friday, June 16 and Saturday, June 17.
- From Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18 head to the Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne for the Ottawa Beer Fest for the Craft Beer Run, National Capital Home Brew Competition, lots of food, music, and of course craft beer!
- Check out some sweet rides at the FCA Ottawa Ferrari Festival this Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18 on Preston Street, then head to the final days of the Ottawa Italian Week Festival which wraps up this Sunday, June 18 on Preston as well.
- Watch Canada’s top athletes compete at the Ottawa International Triathlon Weekend this Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 at Dows Lake!
- Shop local at Craftfest 2017 on Albert Island! This Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 check out weekend maker markets and more, like workshops and an on-site coffee lounge! The event runs till June 26.
- Watch as Supercars compete head-to-head at the Red Bull Global Rallycross race this Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum! This Ottawa 2017 event is the perfect gift for Dad!
- Visit the grounds of the Canadian Museum of Nature to check out Populace, an outdoor, ceramic art installation celebrating Canada’s roots. The outdoor exhibition opens Saturday, June 17 and continues to September 4.
- On Sunday, June 18, check out antique vehicles and meet their owners at the Billings Estate National Historic Site’s Vintage Car Show.
Leave a Reply