Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – July 28-30, 2017.
La Machine invades Ottawa this week! Check out the larger-than-life dragon and spider that will roam Ottawa streets this weekend, as well as all the other fun activities on offer. Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from July 28-30, 2017.
- From Thursday, July 27 to Sunday, July 30, catch La Machine’s Long-Ma (the dragon) and Kumo (the spider) as they roam the streets of downtown Ottawa in a mixture of static scenes and walkabouts. Make sure to consult the schedule as well as be aware of road closure information. Visitors may want to make use of public transportation with the special OC Transpo Weekend Family Pass for $10.25 (up to 6 people with a maximum of two who are 13 years of age or older). This Ottawa 2017 event is a North American first and is sure to be one of the most memorable events of the year! FREE!
- Ottawa 2017 presents Kontinuum: An Underground Journey Through Time running until September 14! Step inside the tunnel of the future Lyon LRT station for an immersive multimedia experience with amazing effects throughout! Tickets are FREE, but visitors must pre-select time slots online.
- Head to Parliament Hill to catch Northern Lights, the sound and light show. The FREE, bilingual show runs nightly until September 16. The show begins at 10:00pm in July, 9:30pm in August, and 9:00pm in September.
- The Senior Pan Am Cup 2017 volleyball competition comes to the Robert Guertin Centre now through Sunday, July 30.
- Now through Thursday, August 3, enjoy Presdelicious on Preston Street with special three-course prix-fixe menus ($28 or $38) at participating restaurants to introduce visitors to the eclectic and delicious tastes of Little Italy.
- Ottawa Chamberfest continues presenting chamber music across Ottawa in various venues this weekend, with the festival continuing until Friday, August 4.
- Harley Davidson celebrates its 100th anniversary with the Cruise The Capital 2017 National HOG Rally,Thursday, July 27 to Saturday, July 29 across the city with a ride on the morning of Saturday, July 29.
- From Friday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30 head to Chinatown for Night Market Chinatown! This summer night market will include food vendors, karaoke, a beer garden, and much more!
- Learn about Thai culture at the Ottawa 2017 event at Lansdowne Ottawa Welcomes the World: Thailand! On Friday, July 28 enjoy traditional food, music, and more showcasing Thai culture. FREE!
- Get your country on at the 25th Festival country du Grand Gatineau! Friday, July 28 through to Sunday, August 6, check out country music in the Casino du Lac-Leamy parking lot on outdoor stages in Gatineau, Québec.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Fury FC as they play the Toronto FC II at TD Place, this Saturday, July 29.
Leave a Reply