Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – January 5, 2018.
There’s still lots to do in Ottawa on chilly winter days! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning January 5, 2018.
- Head to the Canadian Museum of History for the final weekend of the fun, family-friendly exhibition Hot Wheels – Race to Win, which wraps up on Sunday, January 7.
- Visit Parliament Hill for the final weekend of Christmas Lights Across Canada, which end on Sunday, January 7. But be sure to check out the Canada 150 Skating Rink on Parliament Hill, which is sticking around through to February 25, 2018! FREE!
- Winter Takes Flight at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum with special flying-themed daily activities on now until Sunday, January 7.
- Snowshoe under the stars in Gatineau Park! Follow a Friends of Gatineau Park nature interpreter to learn about the winter flora and fauna along a 3km hike. Friday night treks start this Friday, January 5 and continue through to the end of the season.
- Watch the Ottawa Senators play the San Jose Sharks on Friday, January 5 and the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, January 6 at back-to-back home games at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- The Ottawa ’67s also host back-to-back home games this weekend, playing the Peterborough Petes on Saturday, January 6 and the Windsor Spitfires on Sunday, January 7 both at the Arena at TD Place.
- Note that some museums in the city will close for annual maintenance between Monday, January 8 and Friday, January 12. Museums that will be closed during this time include: the Canadian War Museum, the Canadian Musem of History, and the Canadian Museum of Nature. The National Gallery of Canada is also closed between Monday, January 8 and Monday, January 22.
Leave a Reply