Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – December 1-3, 2017
December in Ottawa starts off with a busy weekend of Holiday activities! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 1, 2017.
- The Roar of the Rings take over Ottawa this weekend from Saturday, December 2 through to Sunday, December 10. Cheer on men and women from across Canada at the Olympic Curling trials at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Learn about Romanian culture at the final Ottawa Welcomes the World event, put on by Ottawa 2017 at Lansdowne on Friday, December 1. FREE!
- Visit Lansdowne to see the Lansdowne Christmas Tree Lighting this Friday, December 1! FREE!
- This weekend is filled with Christmas Markets, including: the Christmas Market at the Canadian Museum of History, Ottawa Farmers’ Market: Christmas Market at Lansdowne, the Christmas Craft Market at Watson’s Mill, the Carp Farmers’ Market Christmas Market, the Cumberland Farmers’ Market Christmas Market, and the Holiday Fundraising Art Sale at the Ottawa School of Art. Admission is FREE!
- On Saturday, December 2, raise money for the Salvation Army while taking part in the Santa Shuffle 5K Fun Run at Lansdowne!
- Get into the Christmas Spirit this Saturday, December 2 at Billings Estate National Historic Site’s Elves at the Estate event with crafts, Magic Reindeer, and Santa!
- In the ByWard Market neighbourhood, enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides, caroling, and more fun at Christmas in the ByWard Market from Saturday, December 2 on weekends through to December 17! FREE!
- Light up your weekend! Head to the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum for the Vintage Village of Lights, Upper Canada Village for Alight at Night, or Wesley Clover Parks for the Magic of Lights.
- Get your craft on at Christmas Craft-ernoons at the Bytown Museum on Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3 (and continuing on weekends until December 23)!
- Outdoor skating begins in Ottawa this weekend beginning on Saturday, December 2 at the SENS Rink of Dreams, Lansdowne Park Skating Court, and at the Skating Rink at Rideau Hall! FREE!
Leave a Reply