Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning October 11, 2018
The fall fun continues in Ottawa this weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning October 11, 2018:
- Mosaiculture Gatineau 2018 wraps up this Monday, October 15, making this your last weekend to see the horticultural display in Jacques Cartier Park in Gatineau, Quebec.
- Nothing says fall like Saunders Farm! Check out Haunting Season by day and Fright Fest by night at Saunders Farm (continuing primarily on weekends until October 31 – check schedule).
- Check out the new photo exhibition at the National Gallery of Canada, Anthropocene, which investigates the impact of humans on the Earth and lasts into February 2019.
- Live butterflies are back at the Canadian Museum of Nature! Check out the immersive Butterflies in Flightexhibition on now through to April 2019 (note that timed tickets are highly recommended and available online). Be sure to check out the annual Open House as well on Saturday, October 13 for the special opportunity to explore the museum’s research and collections facility in Gatineau, Quebec.
- It’s Fall Rhapsody in Gatineau Park! Weekends until Sunday October 21, enjoy free shuttle service from the corner of York Street and Sussex Drive in the ByWard Market area to the region’s most stunning fall foliage in the gorgeous Gatineau Park. FREE!
- Learn about Carleton University-trained designer Karim Rashid and his work at the new exhibition at the Ottawa Art Gallery, Karim Rashid: Cultural Shaping which opens on Thursday, October 11. Admission is FREE!
- Macaroni and cheese lovers are in luck – check out Mac My Cheese Fest this Friday, October 12 to Sunday, October 14 at Ottawa City Hall! Admission is FREE!
- Head to Lansdowne for a weekend of sporting fun, with the Ottawa Fury FC playing on Saturday, October 13 and the Ottawa 67’s on Friday, October 12 and Sunday, October 14.
- This Saturday, October 13, cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they face off against the L.A. Kings at the Canadian Tire Centre – then watch them play another home game against the Dallas Stars on Monday, October 15.
- Looking for some spooky fun? The Paranormal Investigation at Watson’s Mill might be up your alley – hunt for spirits at the reportedly haunted mill on Saturday, October 13 (be sure to pre-register if interested).
Leave a Reply