Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning November 29, 2018
Enjoy the first weekend of December with lots of holiday fun! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning November 29, 2018:
- Enjoy Holiday fun at the Canadian Museum of History with the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, November 29 and the Christmas Market from Thursday, November 29 to Sunday, December 2! Admission to the market is FREE!
- Listen to short readings by the winners of the 2018 Governor General’s Literary Awards at the Canada Council for the Arts on Thursday, November 29 (English only).
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play the New York Rangers on Thursday, November 29 and the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, December 1, both at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- The Canadian Museum of Nature opens its doors afterhours for Nature Nocturne on Friday, November 30! Dress up for this month’s theme, Get Your Glow On, and enjoy Glow Yoga!
- Enjoy great performances at Lansdowne this weekend with Il Divo performing at TD Place on Friday, November 30 and Cirque Musica Holiday Presents Wonderland on Saturday, December 1!
- Don’t miss Christmas Tree Lightings at Lansdowne on Friday, November 30 and at the National Gallery of Canada on Tuesday, December 4. FREE!
- The holiday season is well underway in Ottawa! Check out great events across the city including: Carp Farmers’ Market Christmas Market, the Santa Shuffle Ottawa at Lansdowne, 613Christmas at Carleton University, the Magic of Lights at Wesley Clover Parks, the Christmas Craft Market at Watson’s Mill, the Christmas Candlelight Service at Beechwood Cemetery, and more fun events. (Some events are FREE, check websites for details and dates.)
- Enjoy the Sounds of the Season at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum on Sunday, December 2 as part of their Music at the Museum concert series.
- Take part in the Armistice Coin Exchange at the Royal Canadian Mint to trade in your toonies for the special 2018 Armistice Coin from Friday, November 30 to Sunday, December 2.
- On Monday, December 3 join the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum for the Blast-Off Breakfast to watch a Canadian astronaut ascend into space on the launch of Expedition 58!
- Check out the Christmas Lights Across Canada Official Illumination Ceremony on Parliament Hill this Wednesday, December 5 with singing, hot chocolate, and winter fun! The lighting display which illuminates buildings and landmarks along Confederation Boulevard continues until January 7, 2019, along with a multimedia, family-friendly Magical Winter Lightscapes Show projected onto Parliament Hill, running in a 15-minute loop. FREE!
Leave a Reply