Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning May 24, 2018
May in Ottawa continues with great activities happening all around the city, including the massive Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning May 24, 2018:
- The Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend takes over the city streets this year with thousands of participants running in 5K and 10K races, a half marathon, and the Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon, Canada’s largest. This year’s race weekend is Saturday, May 26 and Sunday May 27 – expect road closures on both days in the downtown area. Don’t miss the Scotiabank Charity Challenge Sparks Street Party on Thursday, May 24, the Celebration Stage at Ottawa City Hall, and the Kichesippi Beer Garden!
- On Friday, May 25, cheer on the Ottawa Fury FC as they play the Bethlehem Steel FC! Friday is also Pop Culture Night for Fury – celebrate the new Star Wars movie by dressing up like your favourite character.
- Check out this month’s Nature Nocturne event at the Canadian Museum of Nature! Check out their brand new exhibition Brain: The Inside Story at the after-hours event with the theme Body and Mind on Friday, May 25.
- Celebrate the hip Wellington West neighbourhood at their week-long festival, The Happening, kicking off this Friday, May 25! Check out fun activities put on by local vendors and community associations throughout the week, like pet caricatures, a 24hr Jazz ramble hosted by TD Ottawa Jazz Festival in partnership with The Record Centre, a human library, and much more. Be sure to check out the Brewery Market on Saturday, May 26 for local craft beer! Admission is FREE!
- The Glebe neighbourhood is a great place to visit this weekend with both the Great Glebe Garage Sale and the Great Glebe Sidewalk Sale happening this Saturday, May 26! Arrive early to shop for deals at the huge, community garage sale event in the residential area, or venture onto Bank Street for deals from area businesses. Admission is FREE!
- Have the time of your life at TD Place this Saturday, May 26 at an on-stage presentation of Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story.
- Check out the Odawa Pow Wow this Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27 at the Maple Hill Urban Farm for dancing, singing, and more traditional celebrations! Admission is FREE!
- Head to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum this weekend to check out their latest Music at the Museum installment: Centralaires Concert Band — Music to Remember. See the performance on Sunday, May 27 and be sure to check out all the fun activities at the museum!
- Celebrate Ottawa’s CFL team, the Ottawa REDBLACKS, at the First Annual Fan Festat Lansdowne this Sunday, May 27! With the team in training camp, get excited for the season ahead with football drills, player meet-and-greets, games, and fun activities. Admission is FREE!
- Get your sweat on Sundays throughout the summer on Parliament Hill with Zumba On the Hill! FREE!
Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend!
Leave a Reply