Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning March 8, 2018
A round-up of events and activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend.
Enjoy a weekend full of special events in Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning March 8, 2018
- The exhibition Death in the Ice – The Mystery of the Franklin Expedition is now open at the Canadian Museum of History until the end of September 2018. Learn about the disappearance of the two ships in the Canadian Arctic then check out the fun programming at the museum.
- Celebrate International Women’s Day on Thursday, March 8 with a celebration and the Femmy Awards at Lansdowne! FREE!
- Head to the Canadian Museum of Nature to see Canada’s first female astronaut in space, Roberta Bondar’s photography exhibition, Light in the Land: The Nature of Canada, on display at the museum until Tuesday, March 13.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they face the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday, March 8 and the Calgary Flames on Friday, March 9 in back-to-back games at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- The Ottawa Irish Festival begins Thursday, March 8 and continues on to the 18th with special events including live Celtic music, an author’s day, and more! Some events are FREE!
- Travel back to the 1950s to see Sandy and Danny at Centrepointe Theatre at the production of Grease, beginning Friday, March 9 through to the 18th!
- The Bright Nights: Baltic-Nordic Film Festival begins this Friday, March 9 with Baltic-Nordic films at Arts Court, and continues to March 18.
- Check out the annual St. Patrick’s Parade, celebrating all things Irish this Saturday, March 10 beginning at Ottawa City Hall and ending at Lansdowne! FREE!
- Head to the Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Beau’s St. Patrick’s Party! Irish music, food, activities, Beau’s taps and more await on Saturday, March 10.
Leave a Reply