Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning July 19, 2018
July continues with great events happening across Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning July 19, 2018:
- Garden lovers can take guided tours of Ottawa with the Lee Valley Garden Promenade Guided Tour! Experience more than 40 gardens on the bus departing every Saturday until the beginning of September from the corner of Metcalfe and Sparks Street. Check out more fun garden events on the Garden Promenade
- Learn about Lebanese culture now through Sunday, July 22 at the 28th annual Ottawa Lebanese Festival with great food, music, dancing, and lots more fun activities!
- Head to Parliament Hill to see Fortissimo, where members of the Ceremonial Guard perform a nightly showcase at 7:00pm from Thursday, July 19 to Saturday, July 21. FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they play the BC Lions on Friday, July 20 and the Ottawa Fury FC as they take on the Nashville SC on Saturday, July 21 both at TD Place!
- Everyone’s favourite children’s toy comes to the ByWard Market neighbourhood this Friday, July 20 and Saturday, July 21! Enjoy a free, outdoor screening of the Lego Movie on Friday, July 20 and LEGO activity stations, building projects, and more during each day. FREE!
- Head to Sparks Street this Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22 to see the Canadian Stone Carving Festival, including amazing carvings and artists at work! FREE!
- Celebrate Ukrainian culture at the Capital Ukrainian Festival, this Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22! Cultural workshops, church tours, live music, lots of food, a beer garden, and more await. FREE!
- Check out a great outdoor movie Fridays and Saturdays this summer until mid-August with Centretown Movies at Dundonald Park! This weekend, check out Coco on Friday, July 20 and Zootopia on Saturday, July 21!
- The annual World Press Photo Exhibition opens this Friday, July 20 through to mid-August at the Canadian War Museum and features important photojournalism work.
- Don’t miss the great programming at the National Arts Centre, including Movement Mondays, Toddler Tuesdays, Rec Room Wednesdays, Thursday Concert Cravings, and more fun events until the end of August! FREE!
- This Friday, July 20 through to the beginning of August, enjoy Presdelicious on Preston Street with special three-course prix-fixe menus ($28, $38 or $48) at participating restaurants to introduce visitors to the eclectic and delicious tastes of Little Italy.
Leave a Reply