The second weekend of Winterlude is upon us, along with a long list of great events! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning February 8, 2018
- The 40th edition of Winterlude continues this weekend with programming through to Monday, February 19 (Family Day in Ontario). The official sites are the Rideau Canal Skateway, Crystal Garden (Confederation Park), and Snowflake Kingdom (Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau), which has moved to a new location at 350 Laurier Street, a little north of where is was previously. Check out fun Winterlude activities this weekend, including: a Live DJ, the Ice-Cade on Sparks Street, Chill Lounge presented by the Downtown Rideau Chill Factor, the chance to learn to skate, Canadian Ice-Carvers’ Society Ice Carving Championship, the ByWard Market’s 27thAnnual Winterlude Stew Cook-Off, Family Roller Skating at Lansdowne, the 3rd ByWard Market Server Games, CBC/Radio-Canada Olympic Games Rendez Vous, SubZero Concert Series, ByWard Blizzard Beats, and much more! Most of the activities are FREE!
- Mosaïvernales continues this weekend, in the location that Snowflake Kingdom at Jacques-Cartier Park used to occupy! Walk through the 1-km loop of illuminated mythical snow and ice sculptures daily until March 4. Note that the site opens daily at dusk.
- Learn about currency with fun Winterlude programming at the Bank of Canada Museum, where admission is always FREE!
- The Ottawa Fringe Festival’s winter festival, Undercurrents, is now on with contemporary theatre shows playing until Saturday, February 17.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play the Nashville Predators this Thursday, February 8 at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Enjoy the smooth sounds of the TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest, starting Thursday, February 8 and wrapping up Sunday, February 10 at locations across the city.
- Skate the night away at the Preston BIA’s DiscoSkate DJ Skate Nights! Skate to the sound of a live DJ this Friday, February 9 and Saturday, February 10 at Plouffe Park. Admission is FREE!
- Head to Dows Lake to watch paddlers propel dragon boats outfitted for winter along the ice of the Rideau Canal at the Tim Hortons Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival this Friday, February 9 and Saturday, February 10! Admission is FREE!