Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning February 1, 2018
Winter fun in Ottawa continues this February with the first weekend of Winterlude! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning February 1, 2018
- The 40th edition of Winterlude begins this weekend with the Official Winterlude Launch and 40th Winterlude Kick-Off on Friday, February 2 and with programming continuing through to Monday, February 19 (Family Day in Ontario). The official sites are the Rideau Canal Skateway, Crystal Garden (Confederation Park), and Snowflake Kingdom (Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau), which has moved to a new location at 350 Laurier Street, a little north of where is was previously. Check out fun Winterlude activities this weekend, including: the One-Block Challenge, Face – Interactive Art Installation, the Winter Garden at Lansdowne, Super Slides, 31st International Ice-Carving Competition, Unikkaaqtuarniq: Stories from the North, 35th Winterlude Triathlon, Pancake Breakfast, Indigenous Village, SubZero Concert Series, ByWard Blizzard Beats, and much more! Most of the activities are FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play the Anaheim Ducks this Thursday, February 1 at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Head to the Casino du Lac-Leamy to check out their new winter theme, Vegas Nights! Enjoy promotions, mock weddings, shows, Las Vegas-style décor, and more through to March.
- Visit the Canadian Museum of History on Friday, February 2 and Saturday, February 3 to enjoy special entertainment, workshops, food, and fantastic beer at the Festibière de Gatineau!
- Snowmen take over Bank Street as Snowmania returns to the Glebe from Friday, February 2 to Monday, February 19. FREE!
- The Bytown Museum reopens after their annual closure, offering fun activities, crafts, and programming along with reduced admission prices during Winterlude!
- Celebrate feBREWary at Beau’s Brewery! Weekends during the month of February starting Saturday, February 3, hop on a special shuttle from Ottawa to the Brewery in Vankleek Hill for tours, music, fun activities, and a chance to try a brand-new beer!
A round-up of events and activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend.
Leave a Reply