Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning December 6, 2018
The holiday season is in full swing with great activities around Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 6, 2018:
- Skating in Ottawa begins with the SENS Rink of Dreams in front of Ottawa City Hall, the Skating Rink at Rideau Hall (public skating available on weekends), and the Lansdowne Park Skating Court which are all now open for skaters. FREE!
- Learn about the darker side of the holiday season with the special Haunted Walk Nightmare Before/After Xmastours! Hear spooky, Christmas-themed ghost stories about Ottawa on select evenings between now and the end of December.
- The Christmas Lights Across Canada program continues in Ottawa with illuminated buildings along Confederation Boulevard and a Magical Winter Lightscapes show projected onto Centre Block on Parliament Hill nightly until the beginning of January. FREE!
- Check out the brand new Ottawa Winter Wonderland Christmas Market in the ByWard Market neighbourhood! Enjoy deals from restaurants, pop-up stalls, and entertainment in the Clarendon Courtyard (between George Street and York Street, just behind the shops on Sussex Drive) now through to Sunday, December 9. Admission is FREE!
- Ottawa’s first food hall, Queen St. Fare is open as of Friday, December 7 at 170 Queen Street! Check out food and drink from local vendors such as Mercadito (prepared by chef René Rodriguez), Bar Robo, Fiazza Fresh Fired, Green Rebel, Sen Kitchen, Capitol Burger Counter, and Q Bar with fun music and events.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play the Montréal Canadiens on Thursday, December 6; the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, December 8; and the Boston Bruins on Sunday, December 9.
- There are only two Thursdays left to Get Lucky at the Casino du Lac-Leamy! On Thursday, December 6 and Thursday, December 13 enjoy ‘70s-themed games, shows, and fun entertainment! Or, check out Abbamania – One Nite of ABBA this weekend on Friday, December 7, Saturday, December 8 as well as next weekend.
- Skate to your favourite Christmas tunes at the DJ Skate Night: Holiday Edition at the Arena at TD Place this Friday, December 7!
- Craft up a storm at Christmas Craft-ernoons at the Bytown Museum, Saturdays and Sundays until Sunday, December 23.
- Check out all the fun Christmas markets and activities around Ottawa, including: Alight at Night at Upper Canada Village, the Magic of Lights and Holidays at the Parks at Wesley Clover Parks, the Ottawa Farmers’ Market: Christmas Market at Lansdowne, Vintage Village of Lights at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, the Christmas Village at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm, the Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale at the EY Centre, North Gower Farmers’ Market Annual Christmas Sale, How the Grinch Spied on Christmas at the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum, and many more fun holiday events! (Check websites for more information and dates). Some events are FREE!
Leave a Reply