Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning December 27, 2018
Ring in the New Year with lots of fun events across Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 27, 2018:
- Bring your skates to the Arena at TD Place this morning (Thursday, December 27) for a fun Free Public Skate from 11:00am-1:00pm! FREE!
- There are lots of great places to ski in and around Ottawa – whether it’s downhill or cross-country, skiiers have lots of options! Some ski trails are FREE!
- Check out the fun Winter Frolic programming at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum and Happy Holiday Programming at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, both on now until Sunday, January 6.
- The 20th edition of the Bell Capital Cup hockey tournament begins Thursday, December 27 until Monday December 31 at locations across Ottawa!
- Head to the Canadian Museum of Nature this Friday, December 28 for the fun event Nature Nocturne! This month’s theme White Out celebrates all things winter, where guests can learn how animals survive the winter and get creative with snowy art.
- Cheer on the Ottawa 67’s as they take on the Niagara Ice Dogs this Friday, December 28 at TD Place.
- The Ottawa Senators face off against the Washington Capitals this Saturday, December 29 at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Sing along to the family favourite movie The Sound of Music this Saturday, December 29 and Sunday, December 30 at the Mayfair Theatre with A Company of Fools!
- Christmas Lights Across Canada continues on Parliament Hill with special programming to celebrate New Year’s Eve on Monday, December 31! Lights along Confederation Boulevard are illuminated and a family-friendly multi-media show is projected onto Centre Block (running in a 15-minute loop) until 11:59pm, followed by a short, special pyrotechnical display to ring in the New Year. FREE!
- There are plenty of options for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day in Ottawa! Some special events include: New Years Eve at the NAC, New Year’s Eve Charity Ball at the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre, New Year’s Eve Comedy Night at Shenkman Arts Centre, Scottish favourite Hogman-eh! at Lansdowne, the Resolution Runat Lansdowne, NYE Ottawa at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel, New Year’s Eve for Singles at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, Timeless NYE at the Infinity Convention Centre, New Year’s Eve at Le Nordik, New Year’s Eve at the Casino du Lac-Leamy, New Year’s Day Brunch and dinner at Le Café in the National Arts Centre, and New Year’s Day Hangover Brunch at the Hintonburg Public House. (Some events are FREE!, check websites for details). Also note that OC Transpo offers free service on Monday, December 31 after 8:00pm! FREE!
Leave a Reply