Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning December 13, 2018
Ottawa is full of fun winter activities this week! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 13, 2018:
- Enjoy the sweet sounds of the King’s Singers as Chamberfest and the Ottawa Choral Society present Silver and Gold this Friday, December 14 and Saturday, December 15 at Dominion Chalmers United Church.
- Support the Ottawa 67’s as they take on the Flint Firebirds this Friday, December 14 and the Owen Sound Attack on Saturday, December 15 at the Arena at TD Place!
- The NAC’s Indigenous Theatre team invites you to visit the National Arts Centre this Saturday, December 15 for the Adàwàning: Indigenous Women’s Art Market for a selection of unique, handmade items and workshops throughout the day. Admission is FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators this Monday, December 17 as they face the Nashville Predators at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Warm up in a tropical butterfly enclosure at the Canadian Museum of Nature’s Butterflies in Flight exhibition, on now through April 2019.
- The Christmas Lights Across Canada program continues in Ottawa with illuminated buildings along Confederation Boulevard and a Magical Winter Lightscapes show projected onto Centre Block on Parliament Hill nightly (in a 15-minute loop) until the beginning of January. FREE!
- Get Lucky at the Casino du Lac-Leamy on Thursday, December 13! Enjoy ‘70s-themed games, shows, and fun entertainment or check out Abbamania – One Nite of ABBA this weekend on Friday, December 14 and Saturday, December 15.
- The classic Canadian story of a young hockey player comes to life at the National Arts Centre as The Hockey Sweater: A Musical is shown select nights now through December 23.
- Check out all the fun Christmas markets and activities around Ottawa, including: Handel’s Messiah at the National Arts Centre, It’s a Wonderful Life at the Ottawa Little Theatre, Christmas Craft-ernoons at the Bytown Museum, Alight at Night at Upper Canada Village, the Magic of Lights at Wesley Clover Parks, the Ottawa Farmers’ Market: Christmas Market at Lansdowne, Vintage Village of Lightsat the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, the Christmas Village at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm, the Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale at the EY Centre, How the Grinch Spied on Christmas at the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum, and many more fun holiday events! (Check websites for more information and dates). Some events are FREE!
Leave a Reply