Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning August 9, 2018
August in Ottawa continues with lots of great events this weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning August 9, 2018:
- Enjoy a tribute to the rock band Queen at the Casino du Lac-Leamy’s Ultimate Queen Celebration this weekend! From now until Saturday, August 11 enjoy the fantastic show featuring some of the band’s biggest hits.
- The outdoor exhibition at the Canadian Museum of Nature wraps up this Sunday, August 12. Learn about plastic pollution in our oceans at the Ocean Plastics Lab. FREE!
- Visit a classic country fair this weekend, on now until Sunday, August 12 in Navan Ontario! At the Navan Fair, check out alpacas, horses, other farm animals, a midway, and lots of food and entertainment.
- Celebrate all things Greek at the Ottawa GreekFest! The festival off Prince of Wales Drive at the Hellenic Meeting and Reception Centre continues to Sunday, August 19 with lots of food, dancing, live music, and traditional Greek celebrations! Admission is FREE!
- Learn about Indian culture this Friday, August 10 to Sunday, August 12 at Ottawa City Hall with workshops, music, dance, food from 15 different regions, celebrations, and more at The Great India Festival. Admission is FREE!
- Visit the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum this weekend to see the great play Dief the Chief: October 62from Friday, August 10 to Sunday, August 12.
- Chow down at the 4th Annual West End Food Truck Rally in Bells Corners this Saturday, August 11!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they play the Montréal Alouettes this Saturday, August 11 at TD Place!
- Head to Perth to check out the annual Perth Garlic Festival this Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 and enjoy all things garlic! Or visit the Carp Farmers’ Market Garlic Festival over the same dates!
- Visit Parc Omega to learn about Canadian wildlife in its natural habitat, and enjoy fun programming like daily kids’ shows!
Leave a Reply