Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning August 30, 2018
September begins in Ottawa with a long weekend full of fun activities! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning August 30, 2018:
- The Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill begins at a new time (9:00pm) as of Saturday, September 1 and wraps up on Monday, September 3. FREE!
- This Sunday, September 2 also marks the end of NOKIA Sunday Bikedays, where parkways along Ottawa are free of cars for the morning, allowing cyclists and pedestrians to take over! FREE!
- The summer exhibition Brain: The Inside Story wraps up at the Canadian Museum of Nature this Monday, September 3. Don’t miss this last chance to learn about this complex organ!
- This weekend also marks the final chance to catch the summer exhibition at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum: Beyond Planet Earth – The Future of Space Exploration wraps up this Monday, September 3.
- Mosaïculture Gatineau 2018 continues this weekend at Jacques Cartier Park! The spectacular horticultural display is on until October 15 and features traditional Algonquin performances every Saturday and Sunday (check schedule).
- Look up! The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival kicks off today, continuing with graffiti, yoga, a silent DJ, amusement park, fireworks, and of course tons of creative hot air balloons at Baie Park in Gatineau Québec until Monday, September 3!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they take on the Montréal Alouettes this Friday, August 31 at TD Place!
- The Ottawa Serbian Festival takes place this weekend with family fun, singing, dancing, workshops, and much more from Saturday, September 1 to Monday, September 3 at the St. Stefan Banquet and Reception Hall off Prince of Wales Drive. Admission is FREE!
- On Sunday, September 2 Canada’s National Women’s Soccer Team takes on Brazil at a game at TD Place!
- Celebrate Latin culture at the Latin American Parade – Fair & Festival this Sunday, September 2 at Ottawa City Hall! Admission is FREE!
- Head out to Beachburg for an adventure – OWL Rafting on the Ottawa River’s season end is approaching (their final day is Sunday, September 9) and they’re offering a special fall discount for bookings in September. Check out other great whitewater rafting companies around Ottawa on the Ottawa Tourism website too!
Leave a Reply