Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning August 2nd, 2018
Enjoy lots of fun events across Ottawa on this long, Colonel By Day weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning August 2, 2018:
- Check out the programming at Mosaïculture Gatineau 2018, the fantastic horticultural event in Jacques Cartier Park! This weekend, visitors to the site can attend a remembrance ceremony in honour of Hiroshima Commemoration Day on Monday, August 6.
- The Northern Lights: Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill moves to a new time in August, with the nightly show now happening at 9:30pm. FREE!
- Visit Major’s Hill Park for a great Celtic concert as The Sons of Scotland Pipe Band perform their Annual B in the Park concert on Thursday, August 2!
- Lansdowne is buzzing this weekend with a concert from The Piano Guys on Thursday, August 2, the Ottawa Fury FC playing the Tampa Bay Rowdies this Friday, August 3, as well as the Amazing Thailand Festival 2018celebrating all things Thai on Sunday, August 5 (Admission is FREE!) as well as the Ottawa Farmers’ Marketcontinuing every Sunday (Admission is FREE!)
- Enjoy sweet, sticky ribs this weekend at the Capital Ribfest at Ottawa City Hall, today through to Sunday, August 5! Admission is FREE!
- Street performers of all types take over Sparks Street this weekend with the Ottawa International Busker Festnow through Monday, August 6. FREE!
- Get a taste of Scotland at the Glengarry Highland Games this weekend in Maxville! Friday, August 3 and Saturday, August 4 enjoy pipe bands, fiddling, highland dancing, and much more.
- The Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light firework displays begin this weekend! This Saturday, August 4 watch a pyrotechnic display put on by Spain. Following this, shows continue from other countries on Wednesdays and Saturdays until a Grand Finale on August 18.
- Celebrate Colonel By Day this Monday, August 6 at the Bytown Museum with activities and fun entertainment throughout the day. FREE!
- Chamberfest continues this weekend with concerts at great sites across the city including and afternoon of music at Rideau Hall from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5 (this event is FREE!). Chamberfest wraps up next week on Thursday, August 9.
Leave a Reply