Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning August 23, 2018
- Some of the free programming wraps up on Parliament Hill this weekend with the final day for the Changing of the Guard this Thursday, August 23; Yoga on Parliament Hill on Wednesday, August 29; and the Carillion Concerts on Thursday, August 30. FREE!
- Check out Ottawa Capital Pride at venues across Ottawa this weekend with the Pride Kickoff Party on Thursday, August 23 and the Capital Pride Parade on Sunday, August 26! Don’t miss lots of other programming now until Sunday, August 26 including an Obstacle Race, Karaoke, a Musical, and much more. Some events are FREE!
- Enjoy classic fair fun at the Capital Fair, wrapping up this weekend on Sunday, August 26! Enjoy lots of food, drink, music, a sheep shearing demo, horse racing, a demolition derby, and much more at the event at Rideau Carleton Raceway.
- The House of PainT festival returns to Ottawa, Friday, August 24 until Sunday, August 26, celebrating its 15thanniversary! You’ll see graffiti, breakdancing, DJ’s, MC’s and more at this fun event at Brewer Park (under the Dunbar Bridge).
- Lansdowne is the place to be with the Ottawa Fury FC game and 613flea on Saturday, August 25; and Full Moon Yoga (FREE!) and the Ottawa Farmers’ Market (admission is FREE) on Sunday, August 26!
- Continue celebrating Pride at the Canadian Museum of Nature this Friday, August 24 with this month’s Nature Nocturne event themed Bursting with Pride!
- Celebrate Palestinian culture from Friday, August 24 to Sunday, August 26 at the Palestinian Festival Ottawa at Ottawa City Hall! Admission is FREE!
- Light up the night at the Ottawa Lumière Festival this Saturday, August 25 at New Edinburgh Park with performers, art, and lots of lanterns! Admission is FREE!
- In Almonte, Ontario, the North Lanark Highland Games celebrate their 35th annual festival on Saturday, August 25! Check out pipe bands, dancers, heavyweight athletes, and more celebrating the Scottish culture and heritage of the Ottawa Valley.
Leave a Reply