Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning August 16, 2018
Enjoy another busy weekend in Ottawa with these great activities! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning August 16, 2018:
- Watch the Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light fireworks competition as the series comes to an end this Saturday, August 18! Great viewing areas for the Grand Finale of the fireworks competition are at the Canadian Museum of History and at the Bytown Museum.
- Learn about fibres and textiles at the Twist Fibre Festival now through Sunday, August 19 at the Complexe Whissell in Saint-André-Avellin, Québec
- Head to Vankleek Hill today through Sunday, August 19 to enjoy the Vankleek Hill Fair and lots of classic country fair fun!
- Celebrate your favourite version of poutine at St. Albert Cheese Factory this weekend! The Curd Festival is on now until Sunday, August 19 in nearby St. Albert, Ontario.
- Learn about South Asian cultures at City Hall this weekend as South Asian Fest continues until Sunday, August 19 with lots of family fun and a parade on Sunday, August 19! Admission is FREE!
- Music lovers can head to the Bon-Fire music festival this Friday, August 17 and Saturday, August 18 to see great live indie music at Rideau Pines Farm!
- Enjoy great live bands at the Mill Street Brewpub this Friday, August 17 and Saturday, August 18 at the Hopped and Confused Beer, Music and Food Festival!
- Learn about the importance of honeybees at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum’s World Honeybee Dayevent, which includes fun activities and demonstrations on Saturday, August 18.
- Enjoy great local and Ontario craft beer at the Ottawa Brewery Market: Wet Hot Ottawa Summer at Hintonburg Park this Saturday, August 18. Admission is FREE!
- Celebrate International Photography Day at beautiful gardens across Ottawa with Garden Photo-Fest this Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19!
- Check out the local businesses in Westboro Village at the Westboro Fuse Street Festival this Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19! Admission is FREE!
Leave a Reply