Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – beginning April 26, 2018
A round-up of events and activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend.
This weekend in Ottawa is packed with lots of fun activities, including the reopening of the Ottawa Art Gallery! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning April 26, 2018:
- This weekend is a huge one for the arts in Ottawa—the Ottawa Art Gallery reopens to the public in its new building on Daly Avenue, next door to Arts Court, with 5 times the space of the previous location! The opening weekend kicks off with the OAG Opening Gala on Friday, April 27, and celebrations continue on Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29 at the OAG Opening Weekend with an inauguration ceremony, hourly tours, fun hands-on activities, a dance party, tai chi, and much more! The gallery’s inaugural exhibition, Àdisòkàmagan – We’ll all become stories, celebrates 6,500 years of art making in the Ottawa area and will be on display throughout the summer until early September 2018. The gallery has entrances off Daly Avenue as well as Mackenzie King Bridge at Waller Street, is open daily and features the fun café Jackson. Admission is always FREE!
- Head to the Canadian War Museum to catch the final weekend of the exhibition about the Louis – Ship of Fatewhich wraps up this Sunday, April 29.
- Sparks Street is a must-visit this weekend with Poutinefest offering new takes on the classic Canadian dish starting Thursday, April 26 until Sunday, April 29. Admission is FREE!
- The Ottawa International Writers Festival, Spring Edition begins this Thursday, April 26 through to Tuesday, May 1, and celebrates the written word at venues across Ottawa.
- Enjoy the Canadian Museum of Nature after hours at their monthly Nature Nocturne event, this month celebrating the theme of Harmony with karaoke, dancing, whale songs, and more on Friday, April 27.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Fury FC this Saturday, April 28 as they take on the FC Cincinnati at TD Place!
- The Casino du Lac-Leamy presents fun shows this weekend, including the new, contemporary group YES, starting Friday, April 27 (FREE!) and The Elton Rohn Band – The Music of Elton John on Saturday, April 28.
- On Monday, April 30 the Canadian and Indigenous Art – 1968 to Present exhibition, which continues the storyline from the new in 2017 Canadian and Indigenous Galleries, wraps up at the National Gallery of Canada.
- This weekend at the Canadian Tire Centre, check out Stars on Ice this Sunday April 29 and WWE Live on Monday, April 30.
- On Monday, April 30, the historic bell in the ByWard Market Building will ring once again, after decades of dormancy! This special Bell Ringing Event marks the beginning of the spring/summer market season. FREE!
Leave a Reply