Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – August 4-7, 2017.
Summer fun in Ottawa continues with great activities on this August long weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from August 4-7, 2017.
- Check out the first weekend of the Cirque du Soleil show, VOLTA, starting Thursday, August 3 and continuing to Sunday, August 27 at Zibi in Gatineau Québec. This performance is sure to be spectacular!
- The Ottawa Busker Fest returns to Sparks Street from Thursday, August 3 to Monday, August 7 with street performers and acrobats from around the world performing a variety of tricks and special acts. FREE!
- Enjoy sweet, sticky ribs from Thursday, August 3 to Monday, August 7 at the Capital Ribfest at Ottawa City Hall! Enjoy not only a wide variety of ribs, but also live music, beer gardens, and more!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they play the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday, August 4 at TD Place and the Ottawa Fury FC as they play the Bethlehem Steel FC on Saturday, August 5 also at TD Place!
- Check out the Canadian Whitewater Canoe-Kayak Championships on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6 at The Pumphouse for some great whitewater action! OWL Rafting will be on-site to provide fun, hands-on activities like Intro to Kayaking clinics and Sportyak rides at the Pumphouse from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6.
- On Saturday, August 5, the Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light show begins, with firework displays on Saturdays and Wednesdays until Saturday, August 19. Viewing locations include at the Canadian Museum of History, Nepean Point, and at the Bytown Museum. On Saturday, August 5, Ontario is the first of four provinces to be celebrated with a pyromusical display.
- On Sunday, August 6 at Lansdowne learn about Macedonian culture at the Ottawa 2017 event Ottawa Welcomes the World: Macedonia. On Monday, August 7, check out Ottawa Welcomes the World: Jamaica for a taste of Jamaican culture. FREE!
- Visit Laurier House National Historic Site this Saturday, August 5 for one of the final days to have Afternoon tea on the verandah, ongoing Saturdays until Saturday, August 12.
- Celebrate Colonel By Day at the Bytown Museum with free admission and lots of fun activities on Monday, August 7. FREE!
- Get active this weekend! Walk through MosaïCanada150 to see the beautiful horticultural sculptures (on until October 15) at Jacques Cartier Park in Gatineau, Québec, or bike along scenic, car-free parkways on Sunday morning at NOKIA Sunday Bikedays (Sundays until September 3). Both FREE!
Leave a Reply