Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend! – August 11-13, 2017.
Check out all the fun activities happening in Ottawa this weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from August 11-13, 2017.
- Until Sunday, August 13, check out the Asinabka Film & Media Arts Festival, highlighting Indigenous issues and topics, at various locations across Ottawa including the Canadian Museum of Nature, Victoria Island, and more!
- Celebrate Greek culture at Ottawa GreekFest, now through Sunday, August 20 at the Hellenic Meeting and Reception Centre with music, dances, cuisine, and more! Admission is FREE!
- Just a half-hour’s drive east of Ottawa at the Navan Fair in Navan, Ontario, enjoy a fun country fair from Thursday, August 10 to Sunday, August 13 with music, a demolition derby, animals, food, and more!
- Learn about Indian culture at Ottawa City Hall from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13 at the Festival of India! Check out family-friendly activities including Bollywood dancing, yoga, henna, cricket, and much more. Admission is FREE!
- Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in an Archaelogical Dig at Leamy Lake Park in Gatineau, Québec from Friday, August 11 to Monday, August 14, organized by the National Capital Commission. FREE! (Pre-registration is recommended)
- Celebrate South Asian culture at the TD SouthAsianFest from Friday, August 11 through to Sunday, August 20. At various locations across Ottawa, check out live performances, culinary demonstrations, food, and more! Admission is FREE!
- Dance the night away at Latin Sparks 2: Encore Edition! On Saturday, August 12, head to Albert Island for a night of Latin dancing in the open air.
- Stock up on garlic at the Carp Garlic Festival and the Perth Garlic Festival, both on Saturday, August 12 and Sunday, August 13!
- Check out the outdoor movies screening in Ottawa, including on Mondays at the Bytown Museum (until August 28), Centretown Movies on Fridays and Saturdays at Dundonald Park (until August 26), and at the Diefenbunker on August 11 and 12.
- This weekend is your final opportunity to check out the World Press Photo 2017 exhibition at the Canadian War Museum, as it wraps up on Sunday, August 13.
- See the “Ultimate” in Canadian frisbee at the Canadian Ultimate Championships from Sunday, August 13 to Sunday, August 20 just south of Ottawa in Greely.
Leave a Reply