Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend!
A round-up of events and activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend.
Enjoy spooky fun across Ottawa this weekend as Halloween approaches! Here is a list of some activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning October 24, 2019:
- Halloween is just around the corner at Saunders Farm! Whether it’s FrightFest (nighttime) or Haunting Season (daytime), there’s something for all ages to enjoy daily until Halloween.
- The Ottawa International Writers Festival’s Fall edition kicks off this Thursday, October 24! Events celebrating writers and literature continue until Tuesday, October 29.
- Learn about the Canadian Museum of History’s current exhibition Neanderthal on Thursday, October 24 and Friday, October 25 with a Mammoth Halloween Scavenger Hunt, Neanderthal Cave Art, and Hands-On History Family Exploration Backpack.
- The Ottawa 67’s take on the Kitchener Rangers this Friday, October 25 and the Sarnia Sting this Sunday, October 27 at the Arena at TD Place.
- Escape Manor presents their annual Halloween party Haunted Manor Halloween Party IV this Saturday, October 26 at Beyond the Pale Brewing!
- This Friday, October 25 enjoy a memorable night out at October’s Moon-themed edition of Nature Nocturne at the Canadian Museum of Nature!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they take on the New York Islanders this Friday, October 25 and the San Jose Sharks on Sunday, October 27 at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Stop by the Bytown Museum on Friday, October 25 to wish them a happy 102nd birthday, and enjoy Creepy Crawly Bytown fun on Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25.
- Celebrate a Barnyard Halloween at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum with lots of family fun! Join the costume parade, pick a pumpkin, learn about harvest vegetables, watch movies, and much more on Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27.
- Scary surprises await at the Casino Lac-Leamy’s Halloween Scare Zone, Fridays, Saturdays and Halloween until November 2! Check out a special Halloween performance by Dnoy at ALÉA on Thursday, October 31.
- Check out more great Halloween activities on the Ottawa Tourism website.
- Drop by Ogilvy Square next to the CF Rideau Centre to check out the Downtown Rideau BIA’s new interactive installation PASSAGE, where visitors walk through a light tunnel with animations and sound until mid-November. FREE!
- Looking ahead to the Canadian Tulip Festival in May 2020, celebrate the special relationship between Ottawa and the Netherlands by purchasing and planting Liberation75 tulips to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII and the first gift of tulips!
Leave a Reply