THINGS TO DO IN OTTAWA THIS WEEKEND!
January in Ottawa is full of fun ways to enjoy the winter! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning January 9, 2020:
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they take on the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, January 11 and the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday, January 14 both at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Skate along to your favourite disco tunes at the Disco DJ Skate Night this Saturday, January 11 at the Arena at TD Place.
- The national museums undergoing annual closure this week will reopen on Saturday, January 11. Check out the great special exhibitions on the Ottawa Tourism website including the final weekend of Highland Warriors at the Canadian War Museum, Neanderthal at the Canadian Museum of History, and more!
- Cheer on the Ottawa 67’s on Friday, January 10 as they play the Guelph Storm at Dunder Mifflin Night and on Sunday, January 12 as they take on the Owen Sound Attack, both at TD Place!
- Enjoy an evening of snowshoeing under the stars Friday nights until March with the Friends of Gatineau Park! Snowshoe rental is available, and reservations are required.
- Starting Sunday, January 12 enjoy pop hits from every decade at free Pop Casino shows at the Casino du Lac-Leamy until mid-February!
- Check out all the great spots to ski and snowboard around Ottawa-Gatineau region!
- Head to the National Arts Centre for a variety of different offerings! From an 80’s Mix Tape performance from Thursday, January 9 to Saturday, January 11; to the world premiere of Indigenous performance Unikkaaqtuat on Thursday, January 9; to community programming, there’s something for everyone.
Leave a Reply