Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend!
The holidays in Ottawa bring with them lots of fun events! Here is a list of some activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 19, 2019:
- It’s the final weekend of the brand new Ottawa Christmas Market located at Lansdowne’s Casino Lac-Leamy Plaza in the Glebe! Visit Friday, December 20 to Sunday, December 22 for local goods, treats, performances, and more. Don’t miss choir performances, horse and wagon rides, Santa’s Chair, and a special movie viewing on Saturday, December 21 – check website for all the fun programming. FREE!
- Also at Lansdowne, enjoy a DJ Skate Night – Holiday Edition on Saturday, December 21 at TD Place!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they take on the Nashville Predators on Thursday, December 19; the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, December 21; and the Buffalo Sabres on Monday, December 23 at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Visit the Canadian Museum of Nature to check out their brand new exhibition Me and My Microbes: The Zoo Inside You! Learn about the human microbiome starting Friday, December 20 and continuing to March 2020.
- Elgin Street has re-opened to vehicular traffic! Two-way vehicle traffic can now access Laurier Avenue West to Catherine Street and regularly operating OC Transpo schedules resume on Elgin Street as well. Check out all the great local shops and restaurants and show Elgin Street businesses some love this holiday season!
- Grab your skates! The refrigerated skating rinks are open at Rink of Dreams at Ottawa City Hall and Lansdowne Skating Court; as well as at Rideau Hall (open weekends, check schedule). FREE!
- Swing by the ByWard Market neighbourhood to check out the great local vendors! The ByWard Market is open 363 days of the year, and is only closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day. FREE!
- Be among the first to get your selfie at the new illuminated OTTAWA sign when it officially opens at 6:00pm on Friday, December 20! FREE!
- Check out elf-themed fun at the Christmas Village at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm, on now through to Sunday, December 22!
Leave a Reply