Things to do in Ottawa this Weekend!
December starts in Ottawa with a full weekend of winter fun! Here is a list of some activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning November 28, 2019:
- Ottawa welcomes its first European-style Christmas Market to Lansdowne! Enjoy all the best of the holidays on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from Friday, November 29 to December 22 at the Ottawa Christmas Market. Enjoy local vendors selling holiday-themed food, drink, crafts and more with special performances and guests throughout the market. FREE!
- On Friday, November 29 visit for a special Christmas Tree Lighting kickoff event, including a special musical performance by Chantal Kreviazuk! FREE!
- The magical display of lights at Upper Canada Village begins this Friday, November 29. Check out the illuminated village, Alight at Night, on select nights until January 4, 2020.
- Light up the Village in Wellington West! Head to the neighbourhood on Saturday, November 30 for a special lighting ceremony with family fun throughout the day. FREE!
- Head to the ByWard Market for holiday fun! Enjoy free horse-drawn wagon rides through the neighbourhood and carol singing on weekends until December 15, and of course the year-round local market selling local products and food. FREE!
- Visit the Canadian Museum of History for holiday fun this weekend! Beginning with an outdoor Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, November 28, visit the Museum’s Christmas Market daily until Sunday, December 1 in the Grand Hall. Both are FREE!
- Check out the Canadian Museum of Nature after hours this Friday, November 29 at this month’s Nature Nocturne! Dress up in red and blue for the special theme of Fire & Ice.
- Check out all the fun events at Lansdowne, in addition to the new Ottawa Christmas Market! This weekend, you’ll find: Ottawa 67’s games on Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1; the Ottawa Farmers’ Market on Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, December 1; and the World Multicultural Festival on Saturday, November 30. Some events are FREE!
- Kick off this year’s Christmas Lights Across Canada with a fun evening of interactive music displays at Confederation Park on Wednesday, December 4! From here, head to Parliament Hill where the nightly video projection is shown. Enjoy the light show nightly until January 7, 2020. FREE!
- There are tons of great Christmas Markets across Ottawa, such as the Christmas Market at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm, 613Christmas, and many more! Check out more events on the Ottawa Tourism event calendar.
Leave a Reply