Things to do in Ottawa this Holiday Season! For weekends: Friday, December 22 & Friday, December 29.
Due to Ottawa Tourism’s holiday closure, find below suggestions for what to do in Ottawa on the weekends of Friday, December 22 and Friday, December 29.
Ottawa is filled with fun holiday activities! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 21, 2017. Please note that Ottawa Tourism’s offices will be CLOSED December 25 to January 1, re-opening on January 2, 2018. Happy Holidays!
- Light up your weekend! Head to Upper Canada Village for Alight at Night, or Wesley Clover Parks for the Magic of Lights.
- Marvel at the Christmas Lights Across Canada and magical winter lightscapes show (projected onto the Peace Tower) as they light up the night through to January 7, 2018. FREE!
- Grab your skates and glide on the ice at the Canada 150 Skating Rink, SENS Rink of Dreams, Lansdowne Park Skating Court, or the Skating Rink at Rideau Hall (but note the Skating Rink at Rideau Hall is closed between Saturday, December 23, 2017 to Monday, January 1, 2018). FREE!
- Head to Gatineau Park for winter fun! Cross-country ski, snowshoe, and snow biking season is now open! Make sure to pick up your day or season pass online or in person at the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre.
- Enjoy the fresh air and ski just outside the downtown core of Ottawa at one of our nearby hills, including Camp Fortune, Mount Pakenham, Calabogie Peaks, Ski Vorlage, Edelweiss Valley, and Mont Cascades.
- Enjoy the sounds of the NAC Orchestra as it performs Handel’s Messiah at the National Arts Centre on Friday, December 22.
- On Friday, December 22, head to the Lansdowne Park Skating Court for the chance to skate with Santa and Zip-E the Elf! FREE!
Ring in the new year with lots of fun around Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 28, 2017. Please note that Ottawa Tourism’s offices are CLOSED December 25 to January 1, re-opening on January 2, 2018. Happy Holidays!
- Visit the Canadian Museum of Nature for the final Nature Nocturne of the year on Friday, December 29 at the Frost themed event!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play back-to-back games at the Canadian Tire Centre, facing the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, December 29 and the Boston Bruins on Saturday, December 30!
- On Sunday, December 31 celebrate New Year’s Eve at any one of a number of fun events across the city, including: the 6th annual Hogman-eh! party at Lansdowne, the Light the Lantern celebration at the National Arts Centre, 1920’s themed A Great Gatsby Affair at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, the first ever Brewmaster’s Dinner at CRAFT Beer Market, the Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball at the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre, celebrate dance from coast to coast to coast at Nimidiwin at the Canadian Museum of History, fun celebrations at the Casino du Lac Leamy, check out the Timeless NYE event at the Infinity Convention Centre, celebrate 2017 with a Salute to 2017 at Ottawa City Hall, enjoy a New Year’s Eve Dinner at the Brookstreet Hotel, and many more!
- On Parliament Hill, the Canada 150 closing activities continue for New Year’s Eve with DJ sets from Canadian favourites like DJ Rise Ashen and Kardinal Offishall, free Tim Hortons hockey and hot chocolate, hockey on the hill, hand drum lessons, and more activation. At night, enjoy the Canada 150 Closing Party on the Hill with DJs and a pyrotechnic and laser show at midnight! FREE!
- Youth hockey teams compete in the Bell Capital Cup tournament at rinks around Ottawa from Wednesday, December 27 to Sunday, December 31!
- Check out Canada 150 Hockey on the Hill, where 32 boys and girls teams, winning trips to Ottawa from every province and territory in the country, play on the Canada 150 Rink on Parliament Hill from Thursday, December 28 to Sunday, December 31. FREE to watch!
Leave a Reply