There are countless decisions to be made when selling a home, and many of them will significantly affect whether or not you make a profit and how much time it will take to sell your home. A real estate agent can offer specialized knowledge in research, marketing and negotiations to help you meet or exceed your goals.
Using a Realtor® has so many advantages over trying to sell a home on your own.
A real estate agent will:
- Serve as your advocate and representative when dealing with buyers’ agents and service providers. When you sign a “Listing Agreement” with your Realtor®, this is their promise that he/she will use all their skills and resources to get the most for your home.
- Help you establish a fair asking price for your home.
- Advise you on how to present your home to maximize its appeal to buyers. Your Realtor® can be objective when viewing your home and can help you present it in the best light so buyers can view it as “theirs” more easily.
- Design a customized marketing plan that will promote your home
- Schedule and host open houses
- Assist with offers and counter-offers – negotiation skills are a must!
- Send your documents to your lawyer/mortgage provider
- Mediate any last-minute obstacles to ensure a smooth, successful transaction
- Provide you with information to assist with establishing the asking price for your property such as market comparables, neighbourhood information
- Provide full colour brochures for your property to help remind interested buyers exactly what your home looked like.
- Handle Open Houses at a time that is convenient for the seller.
- Ensure your home is marketed on the MLS® System (REALTOR.CA) – the most effective marketing tool for your home.
- Create well-written, well-photographed and accurately detailed listings for REALTOR.ca.
- Ensure your home is marketed on his own website (alexsarazin.com) with large, high resolution photos and details on your home as well as a map to show its exact location
- Ensure your home is marketed on other internet marketplace websites to get the maximum exposure.